Available Online Content Options: Student Organizations
Below are the online content options for NDSU student organizations.
Blackboard is a learning management tool that is available to instructors for all NDSU courses. Sites are also automatically created for all NDSU student organizations. Additionally, Blackboard sites are available for groups and teams that need a space to share information and collaborate. Important notes about Blackboard:
- A variety of collaboration tools are available includuing discussion boards, chat, file management and audio/video conferencing.
- No software to purchase. The Blackboard is available at no charge.
- Ongoing training and support is provided.
- All NDSU students, faculty and staff have network permission to use Blackboard.
- Sites for individual classes are also created (and students are automatically enrolled.)
Items to consider in choosing to use the Blackboard:
- Blackboard is really an internal communication tool for classes, groups and teams. Although all students, faculty and staff can access the system, they only have access to specific sites.
Affiliated and non-NDSU Hosting Options - Overview
A variety of options are available for posting Web content that might not be appropriate for other Web hosting options. Here are a few:
- NDSU's Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) provides Web hosting for NDSU students and student organizations. Currently the hosting fee is $15 per year for 100 megabytes of content. The ACM office is located in IACC 162.
- Students may wish to use a public site such as Facebook, Wordpress, Blogger or other social networking applications to create sites for themselves or student organizations.