We are excited to welcome all our students and members to the Wellness Center this fall. With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and based on the State of North Dakota’s Smart Restart Plan for Fitness Centers, you will see some changes in our facility to provide the best, safest environment possible. Please see the information and updates below so you know what to expect on your next visit.
October 16, 2020 Update: Basketball Courts and 2nd Floor Fitness
With Governor Burgum moving Cass County to the orange risk level for COVID-19, the Wellness Center will be making the following changes to our operations based on new state guidelines.
Basketball courts will be limited to a maximum of 6 people at a time regardless of activity. Basketball, volleyball and any other games or activities will be limited to 3-on-3.
2nd Floor Fitness
New guidelines from the state recommend 12 feet of physical distance between fitness equipment. Every other piece of fitness equipment on 2nd floor will be blocked off to maintain the new distance requirements.
September 25, 2020 Update: GroupFIT
GroupFIT classes will no longer take place in person and will move online. Classes will live stream on a private Facebook group only for current NDSU students and Wellness Center members. To join the group, go to www.facebook.com/groups/ndsuvirtualgroupfit and request to join the group. Once we verify you are a student or member, you will be added to the group and able to participate in our GroupFIT classes. The schedule for classes can be viewed at www.ndsu.edu/wellness/fitness/groupfit. Please check the website often for the most up-to-date schedule.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Stay home if you have a cough, fever or shortness of breath
- Maintain social distance and stay six feet apart from staff and other members
- Always wipe down all equipment before and after each use
- Self-scan your ID card at the Customer Service Desk and Rec Desk or download the Wellness Center App to use the Digital ID
- Wash your hands before and after working out – hand sanitizer is available by the Customer Service Desk and in multiple locations throughout the facility
- Only use credit/debit cards for purchases
Face coverings are required at all times in the following areas:
- Entering and exiting the facility
- Climbing Wall
- First floor strength
- When moving throughout the facility
- Any other area of the facility when not engaging in physical activity
Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times.
The Wellness Center will follow our regular hours, with the exception of a closure each weekday from 2:00-3:00 p.m. for additional cleaning. Our hours can be found here.
Guest passes will be not be available for purchase Monday-Friday from 3:00-11:00 p.m. to assist with reducing capacity during our busiest times.
Each space will have a limit to the number of people allowed based on the size of the space. The guidelines have been put forth by the State of North Dakota and some capacities are determined based on the current risk level. Signs throughout the facility will indicate the current number of people allowed in each area. The current risk level is orange and the following guidelines are in place:
- First Floor Fitness (including Studio B) – 50 people maximum - Face Coverings Required
- Atrium – 10 people maximum - Face Coverings Required
- Main Locker Rooms – 10 people each maximum - Face Coverings Required When Possible
- Aquatics Locker Rooms – 10 people each maximum - Face Coverings Required When Possible
- Second Floor Fitness – 50 people maximum
- Studio A – 9 people maximum - Used only for Personal Training
- Basketball Courts – 6 people per court maximum for activities
- MAC Gym – 6 people per court maximum for activities
- Martial Arts Studio – 5 people maximum
- Cycling Studio – Closed
- Sauna – 1 person maximum
- Lap Pool – 1 person per lane during lap swim, 46 people maximum for other activities
- Leisure Pool – 41 people maximum
- Hot Tub – 5 people maximum
- Climbing Wall – 10 people maximum – Face Coverings Required
The first floor strength area has a maximum capacity of 50 people. Students and members looking to use that area must enter and exit at the designated points and properly wear face coverings at all times. When capacity is reached, students and members will need to wait for someone to leave before entering.
First floor strength and cardio equipment is spaced out to give six feet of physical distance. To maximize the amount of equipment available, the walking track has strength and cardio equipment placed throughout and is not available for walkers. Anyone wanting to use a track for walking or running can use the track on the third floor.
The current Intramural Sports schedule can be found here. Some sports will have changes to the format, including basketball moving to 3v3 and volleyball moving to 3v3. Please visit the website for information on registration and the dates of each sport.
The Wellness Center is committed to providing programs that encourage students and members to stay active while following all current guidelines. Click the following links to learn more about Climbing, Intramural Sports, Fitness and Aquatics programs throughout the fall semester.
The NDSU WCCC will be open with regular operations under the following exceptions:
- We ask that only one parent/person drops off or picks up their child to limit the number of people in and out of the center
- One family in the child care at a time, please wait in your car or the entryway until the other parent exits before entering the child care, call 701-231-5203
- Be mindful that other families may be waiting to drop off or pick up so please limit conversations (email or call with concerns)
- No parents are allowed past the gate in the front reception area except in emergencies or for breastfeeding moms
- Please sanitize your hands before entering the reception area. Sanitizer is located outside the child care
- We will be asking a series of health questions and taking children/staff temperatures daily as individuals enter