We are excited to welcome all our students and members to the Wellness Center this year. With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and based on the State of North Dakota’s Smart Restart Plan for Fitness Centers, you will see some changes in our facility to provide the best, safest environment possible. Please see the information and updates below so you know what to expect on your next visit.
January 29, 2021 Update
With Governor Burgum moving the state of North Dakota to the green risk level for COVID-19, the Wellness Center will be making the following changes to our operations based on new state guidelines.
Face coverings are required on the first floor strength area, table tennis, the climbing wall and any other time students and members are not engaging in physical activity, including entering, exiting and moving throughout the Wellness Center. They are strongly encouraged in all other areas of the facility.
2nd Floor Fitness
All equipment is available for use on the second floor.
GroupFIT classes return to in-person beginning Friday, February 5. Please click here for the GroupFIT page to see the updated schedule, including Aquatics classes.
Basketball courts have a maximum of 10 people per court at all times regardless of activity. Basketball and volleyball are able to have 5-on-5 games.
Both the client and trainer are required to wear a face covering.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- Stay home if you have a cough, fever or shortness of breath
- Maintain social distance and stay six feet apart from staff and other members
- Always wipe down all equipment before and after each use
- Self-scan your ID card at the Customer Service Desk and Rec Desk or download the Wellness Center App to use the Digital ID
- Wash your hands before and after working out – hand sanitizer is available by the Customer Service Desk and in multiple locations throughout the facility
Face coverings are required at all times in the following areas:
- Entering, exiting and moving throughout the facility
- Climbing Wall
- First floor strength
- Table tennis
- Any other area of the facility when not engaging in physical activity
Face coverings are strongly encouraged for all activities. Staff are required to wear face coverings at all times.
The Wellness Center will follow our regular hours. Our hours can be found here.
Guest passes will be not be available for purchase Monday-Friday from 1:30-11:00 p.m. to assist with reducing capacity during our busiest times.
Each space will have a limit to the number of people allowed based on the size of the space. The guidelines have been put forth by the State of North Dakota and some capacities are determined based on the current risk level. Signs throughout the facility will indicate the current number of people allowed in each area. The current risk level is green and the following guidelines are in place:
- First Floor Fitness (including Studio B) – 55 people maximum - Face coverings required
- Atrium – 12 people maximum - Face coverings required
- Main Locker Rooms – 22 people each maximum - Face coverings required when possible
- Aquatics Locker Rooms – 10 people each maximum - Face coverings required when possible
- Second Floor Fitness – 68 people maximum - Face coverings strongly encouraged
- Studio A – 12 people maximum - Used only for Personal Training
- Basketball Courts – 10 people per court maximum for activities - Face coverings strongly encouraged
- MAC Gym – 10 people per court maximum for activities - Face coverings strongly encouraged
- Martial Arts Studio – 7 people maximum - Face coverings strongly encouraged
- Cycling Studio – Only open for GroupFIT classes - Face coverings strongly encouraged
- Sauna – 1 person maximum
- Lap Pool – 2 person per lane during lap swim, 148 people maximum for other activities
- Leisure Pool – 132 people maximum
- Hot Tub – 9 people maximum
- Racquetball Courts - 2 people per court maximum - Face coverings strongly encouraged
- Climbing Wall – 12 people maximum – Face coverings required
The first floor strength area has a maximum capacity of 55 people and is not able to guarantee six feet of physical distance without removing multiple pieces of equipment. Rather than reduce the amount of equipment, face coverings are required because six feet of physical distance may not be possible at all times. Students and members looking to use that area must enter and exit at the designated points and properly wear face coverings at all times. When capacity is reached, students and members will need to wait for someone to leave before entering.
First floor strength and cardio equipment is spaced out to give six feet of physical distance. To maximize the amount of equipment available, the walking track has strength and cardio equipment placed throughout and is not available for walkers. Anyone wanting to use a track for walking or running can use the track on the third floor.
Face coverings are strongly encouraged on the third floor. Only one person per corner is allowed. The overall capacity limit for the third floor is 37 people.
The current Intramural Sports schedule can be found here. Some sports will have changes to the format, including basketball moving to 3v3 and volleyball moving to 3v3. Please visit the website for information on registration and the dates of each sport.
The Wellness Center is committed to providing programs that encourage students and members to stay active while following all current guidelines. Click the following links to learn more about Climbing, Intramural Sports, Fitness and Aquatics programs throughout the fall semester.
The NDSU WCCC will be open with regular operations under the following exceptions:
- No parents are allowed past the gate in the front reception area except in emergencies, to help a child wash their hands or for breastfeeding moms
- Please sanitize your hands before entering the reception area. Sanitizer is located outside the child care