We are excited to announce we will begin Phase 2 of opening our facility on Wednesday, June 10. These changes are in addition to what has already opened under Phase 1. The changes and safety measure have been adopted based on the State of North Dakota's Smart Restart Plan for Fitness Centers. Phase 2 will include the addition of the following services. All services added in Phase 2 are listed below in bold.
Please check back for any additional updates as changes may occur.
Health & Safety Guidelines
- Stay home if you have a cough, fever or shortness of breath
- Maintain social distance and stay six feet apart from staff and other members
- Always wipe down all equipment before and after each use
- Self-scan your ID card at the Customer Service Desk and Rec Desk
- Wash your hands before and after working out - hand sanitizer is available by the Customer Service Desk and throughout the facility
- Only use credit/debit cards for purchases
The Wellness Center will be open our regular summer hours which are:
- 5:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. - Monday-Friday
- **The Wellness Center will close from 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. each weekday for additional cleaning
- 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. - Saturday
- 2:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. - Sunday
- As a reminder, the Wellness Center will be closed July 3-5 for Independence Day weekend
Aquatics summer hours are listed below:
- Monday - Friday
- 6:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.
- 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
- 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. (Friday)
- 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Here is what is available during Phase 2:
- Aquatics - Aquatics will open with the following socially distanced measures in place:
- Lap swimming will be limited to one person per lane
- Leisure Pool use will abide by a six-foot social distance measure, with volleyball and basketball activities not available at this time
- A limited amount of pool equipment will be available for use
- Hot Tub use will be limited to nine people at a time in accordance with social-distancing measures
- Sauna use will be limited to one person at a time
- Aquatics hours will follow our regular summer operations which can be found by clicking this link
- Locker Rooms
- All locker rooms will be accessible Monday through Friday from open to close
- The main and aquatic locker rooms will not be available during weekend hours
- Gender neutral locker rooms will be accessible during all hours of operations on both weekdays and weekends
- Shower availability will be reduced to 50%, with every other stall unavailable to maintain social distance
- Locker bays will adhere to social distancing guidelines, leaving six feet between others using the area
- We ask that you are courteous and conscientious of space with fellow members, as they may need to access a locker near yours
- Racquetball Courts
- Courts 2 and 3 will be available for use by reservation. Reservations can be made online by clicking here
- It is strongly encouraged members bring and use their own equipment, however there will be equipment available for checkout at the Rec Desk
- First Floor Strength - Some equipment will be moved or blocked off
- Second Floor Cardio - Some equipment will be moved or blocked off
- Walking Track
- Basketball Courts/MAC Gym - For shooting baskets, badminton and pickleball only
- Running Track
- Cardio Equipment on Third Floor
- Personal Training
- Limited GroupFIT Classes
- Large communal mats will be removed, but individual mats will be available
What's Not Available
Here is what will not be available during Phase 2:
- Climbing Wall
- Cycle Studio
- Drinking Fountains - Members will be able to still fill water bottles using the fillers
Additional Safety Measures
- Cardio and strength equipment have been moved to maintain six or more feet apart
- A hand sanitizer station has been added near the entrance
- Plexiglass guards have been installed at the Customer Service Desk and Rec Desk
- Signage to encourage social distancing is located throughout the Wellness Center
- Wellness Center staff will be making certain all students and members are practicing proper social distancing in all areas of the facility
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing practices have been implemented
GroupFIT schedules will be created for two-week blocks. Please visit our GroupFIT page for the most current schedule.
Currently employed NDSU staff/faculty or retired employees with an appropriate retired NDSU ID are eligible to purchase a membership at the Wellness Center. Prospective members must purchase a membership at the Customer Service Desk or through the Wellness Portal, fill out necessary paperwork including the standard waiver of liability and bring their NDSU ID to the facility for each visit.
Students enrolled for the summer semester have their membership included with the wellness fee. Students need to be enrolled in at least one credit.
Students not enrolled for the summer semester, but enrolled for the fall semester, may purchase a summer membership for $65 at the Customer Service Desk. This is a discount of $30 compared to last summer. Students must verify their fall enrollment by providing a printed fall schedule found under the course enrollment page in Campus Connection.
Swim Academy has been canceled for summer. We are planning on resuming Swim Academy in the fall. Please check our Swim Academy page for all the information.
Fitness Center Reimbursement
The Dakota Wellness Program, as a part of the Sanford Health Plan, is not allowing exceptions to the 12 visits per month needed to receive the Fitness Center Reimbursement for the time any fitness centers are closed. However, the Fitness Center Reimbursement is just one way members can earn rewards from the Dakota Wellness Program. Members are encouraged to click the link below to find alternate ways to earn their incentive. Please contact the Dakota Wellness Program at 800-499-3416 with any questions about the Fitness Center Reimbursement or the Wellness Incentive Program.
Any questions regarding personal training sessions should be directed to Jenna Grabinski.
The Wellness Center Child Care has openings for summer and fall semesters.
Summer Session 2020: May 19-June 12 and June 16-Aug. 7
Fall Session 2020: Aug. 25-Dec. 18
***You do not need to be registered for classes this summer to enroll in child care for Summer 2020. However, you will need to provide a class schedule showing you are registered for fall semester.
- Open Monday-Friday from 7:15 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Licensed by the Department of Human Services of North Dakota
- Education and care for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years
- Mixed age group center
- Part-time and full-time spots available
To enroll, contact Mari Quittschreiber, Child Care Site Coordinator, at 701-231-5219 or email questions to Mari.Quittschreiber@ndsu.edu.