Full Guidelines and Procedures
You can view the full Wellness Center guidelines and procedures document here:
- Photo/video requests must be placed at least 24 hours in advance and in writing to the Director or Associate Director of the Wellness Center. Photos/Videos may NOT be taken in the locker rooms or restrooms.
- Solicitation of nutritional supplements, personal training, or any type of one-on-one instruction, promotion of commercial business/products, and network marketing products is strictly prohibited.
- No beverages are allowed in the activity areas at any time, except for water in closed (securely fastened lids) containers.
- No food is allowed in any activity area at any time.
- Personal items are not to be left or placed on the floor or on equipment. All personal belongings are to be secured in a day use locker in the Wellness Center locker rooms or located in one of the cubicles located in the facility.
- Lockers are for Day Use only. Locks must be removed from lockers daily unless it is rented. Locks left on the lockers will be cut each evening and the contents will be treated as abandoned items.
- The Wellness Center is not responsible for any personal items that are lost or stolen.
- Staff members are not to hold items, equipment, valuables, or bags for members.
- Sandals and open-toed shoes are not permitted in open activity areas.
- Proper workout attire must be worn at all times. The decision of Wellness Center staff concerning appropriate attire will be final.
- Disruptive behavior (i.e. profanity, fighting, shoving, etc.) will not be tolerated. It isexpected that guests will be courteous to staff and other guests.
- In the event of an injury or accident, notify a member of the Wellness Center staff at one of our service desks immediately.
- Members are to report any concerns about the facility and/or equipment to the Wellness Center staff as soon as possible.
- Violations of the guidelines and procedures may result in loss of privileges and/or disciplinary action. Questions concerning guidelines and procedures should be directed to the Wellness Center staff members.
- Bicycles, skateboards, strollers, or scooters may not be used in the Wellness Center. Inline skates are only allowed in the MAC gym.
- Lifting Chalk is not permitted for use in the Wellness Center.
- When available, the use of activity spaces is first-come, first-served.
- Spitting is not permitted in the Wellness Center.
- The Wellness Center facility may not be used for private or commercial purposes unless such activity has the written approval of the Wellness Center Director or Designee. Examples of prohibited activity include (but are not limited to) personal training, private instruction, sales, promotion of commercial business/products, etc.
- The Wellness Center facilities and equipment shall be used for intended purposes.
- All outside equipment must be approved by Wellness Center management, prior to use.
- A closing announcement will be made approximately 30 and 15 minutes prior to closing. All members are expected to finish their activity, re-rack all weight equipment, return any checked-out equipment, finish showering, and exit the Wellness Center by closing time.
The Wellness Center is committed to providing a safe an inclusive environment for the entire North Dakota State University community.
Wellness Center Transgender Patron Guidelines
Locker Rooms and Restrooms:
Anyone utilizing the Wellness Center facilities shall have access to the Locker Room and Restroom facilities that correspond with their gender identity and gender presentation.
Gender Transition Guideline:
When an individual is planning to pursue gender re-assignment, or is in the process of gender reassignment,it is advised that gender neutral facilities (restrooms, locker/changing rooms) are used. If gender neutral facilities are not available, a request for special accommodations may be made to the Wellness Center Associate Director. The use of opposite sex facilities is encouraged when gender presentation reflects the gender identity of the individual.
Program (Intramural/Activity) Participation:
When a program makes a gender designation, a patron can participate in the gender-specific league/program that affirms each participant’s personal gender identity and gender presentation.The participant’s gender identity will also be applied when there are gender-specific rules or player ratio requirements in intramural leagues. Any matters that may arise in regards to gender identity within Intramural Sports participation can be subject to review on a case-by-case basis, by the Wellness Center staff.
Questions on membership types, fees, or policies? Contact Jeff.Dertinger@ndsu.edu or (701) 231-5213