The proposal for Fellowship must be organized in the following manner with cover letter addressed to the Director, NDWRRI. The cover must be signed by the student and the advisor.
The number of pages (single spaced, 11-12 point) should not exceed seven.
- Title of the thesis project.
- Introduction of the applicant: major, research specialization, research advisor, post-secondary education, progress in degree program (courses completed, candidacy or comprehensive exams, anticipated completion date), progress in thesis research, previous professional and scholastic accomplishments (presentations, publications, awards).
- Description of the critical state or regional water problem being (or to be) investigated.
- Key literature and prior work in your research group (if applicable).
- Scope and objectives of the proposed research.
- Methods, procedures, and facilities.
- Anticipated results and benefits from the proposed study ("deliverables").
- If research is underway, progress to date.
- Financial information (e.g., co-funding of the project, sources of any other stipend support of the applicant, faculty summer salary, or operating support during the fellowship period). This section must be prepared by the advisor. Remember a 2 to 1 non-Federal to Federal match is required.
Append graduate transcripts (or undergraduate transcripts for a new graduate student). NDSU/UND graduate transcripts should be complete through spring or (if applicable) summer of 2013.
The deadline for receipt of fellowship applications is 5:00 p.m., Friday, November 29, 2013. Submit an original and 4 copies to:
Linda Charlton-Gunderson, ND Water Resources Research Institute, North Dakota State University, Department Number 2030, Family Life Center (FLC320), P.O. Box 6050, Fargo, ND 58108-6050.
The application should also be sent as an e-mail attachment in Word for Windows format, to:
Portions of the successful fellowship applications will be included as part of the Institute's proposal to the USGS. Suggestions from the state review panel or the director may be communicated to the applicants for further improvements and/or consideration of the proposals.