The pre-professional curricula are designed for students who intend to pursue their undergraduate or graduate education in professional schools. At NDSU, the curricula are offered by a number of departments for students interested in preparing for careers in health related fields. Most pre-professional programs are flexible and can be developed around many different majors, including biological sciences, chemistry and molecular biology, physics and psychology. Students planning to apply to professional schools should seek information from particular schools and become familiar with any special requirements.
Opportunities and services available to students at NDSU include:
- Strong academic preparation in the required pre-health “core” of classes. In general, these requirements include a year of organic chemistry, physics, general biology, and inorganic (general) chemistry.
- Broad selection of recommended classes “beyond the core”
- Advisers to answer questions regarding admissions procedures and to assist students in planning their programs of study.
- Job shadowing opportunities in tie up with medical providers (Sanford Health-Meritcare, Innovis, etc) in Fargo-Moorhead area.
- Opportunities to become involved in research on-campus
- Student organizations that offer guest speakers, community service opportunities, and support