Attending an in-person session meets this training obligation for three years. For off campus employees, in-person training will be available through IVN.
Institutional Equity and Compliance
North Dakota State University is fully committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action in alignment with its values and in compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and policies. NDSU recognizes that a firm commitment to these areas and a strong denouncement of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation is integral to its success as a student-focused, land-grant, research university.
The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty and Equity serves as a central resource for the implementation, coordination, and monitoring of equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination compliance and initiatives at NDSU. Specifically, the Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty and Equity:
- Receives and resolves discrimination complaints through informal resolution measures, formal investigation, and/or coordination with other relevant offices at NDSU.
- Reviews and develops NDSU policy related to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination, in compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and policies, and in furtherance of institutional values.
- Creates and provides training to university members to inform them of their rights and responsibilities concerning discrimination, in an effort to prevent discrimination, harassment, and retaliation and to foster a safe, productive, and respectful educational and work environment at NDSU.
- Maintains NDSU’s affirmative action plan, monitors its progress, and communicates related initiatives to the university community in furtherance of its legal responsibilities and institutional interests.
- Monitors NDSU’s employee hiring and advancement efforts to ensure adherence to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination compliance.
- Compiles and analyzes information received through anonymous bias reports and campus climate surveys.
- Acts as an institutional resource for questions or concerns related to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination at NDSU.