Welcome to the Math Teachers' Circle of North Dakota
Teacher Circles are formed by ND PRIME project participants and can involve project
participants or other teachers. Teacher circles are a means for teachers to work together
collaboratively to improve mathematics instruction through
Participants in the ND PRIME project are expected to participate in two activities
during the year, one of which is participating in a teacher circle. Participants can
choose their own agenda to increase their problem solving, fun, and increased
- a focus on problem-solving
- making mathematics fun; and
- gaining a deeper understanding of mathematics content by teachers and, consequently
Each teacher circle should inform the project leaders of their meeting schedule so that a
representative of the leadership group can attend. We also can help to identify
resource mathematicians to work with the group. After each meeting a brief
report of the activities and outcomes of the meeting should be sent to Dogan Comez.
- an advanced topic in mathematics for further study
- examination of the teaching and learning of middle or high school mathematics, or
- discussion and collaboration on participants' action research projects.
For Math Teachers' Circles across the country, see the MTC home.