Join Air Force ROTC and be part of a tight-knit community of driven individuals striving to get the most out of their college experience, their career, and their lives.
Any student can join Air Force ROTC regarless of scholarship status or experience.
- Students take three Air Force ROTC courses per semester.
- Students selected to continue in the program will attend summer training, usually during the summer between their sophomore and junior year.
- There is no military obligation incurred by signing up for AFROTC. Only after the first year (if on scholarship) or completion of summer training will students have a service commitment.
- In-state tuition rates and monthly stipend of $300-500 for contracted students.
- Tuition scholarships available to both underclassmen (by application) and upperclassmen (by eligibility).
- Gain world-class practical leadership training not available in your typical university course.
- Flight, language, and expeditionary skills training are also available as well as special tactics orientation and department of defense internships.
- AFROTC obligations will not conflict with academics, including NDSU’s engineering and nursing programs.
Unlike many other college students, you’ll have a rewarding career waiting for you after graduation. You’ll skip entry-level and go straight into operations or management.
- Graduates earn a competitive salary with regular pay raises and promotion opportunities, 30 days paid vacation per year, full (zero cost) medical/dental insurance, and retirement eligible after only 20 years.
- With bases across the United States and globe, you’ll experience more than most. As an added bonus, you can travel on military transport aircraft for little to no cost on a space-available basis while on vacation.
- North Dakota State University (host university)
- University of North Dakota (host university)
- Concordia College
- Park University at Grand Forks Air Force Base
- Mayville State University