The Harry D. McGovern Alumni, Development Center is a 30,520-square foot facility that has hosted a variety of alumni, campus and community events. It accommodates offices for the NDSU Alumni Association and Development Foundation. First-floor areas surround the center’s two-story Diederich Atrium, which seats 130 people in a banquet setting. Named in recognition of a donation by alumnus Harry D. McGovern, the center officially received its new name on Oct. 6, 2012. McGovern, who earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from NDSU in 1966, is co-owner of MCM Construction Inc., a major bridge and highway contractor with offices in Sacramento and Los Angeles, Calif. The Alumni Association was originally housed in Ceres Hall before it moved to the former School of Religion building located across University Drive from Ceres. In 1993, plans for a $3.4 million alumni center became a reality with the start of the $20,000,000 Campaign for NDSU. On Oct. 10, 1997, ground was broken for the alumni center.
1241 University Drive North
Fargo, ND 58102