In 1966, the University made a request to the Board of Higher Education, the Governor, and State Legislature for a new athletic complex. In 1967, it was announced that the State Legislature appropriated $1,750,000 towards the construction of the proposed $3,100,000 Field House and Physical Education Building. The remaining costs were paid by federal funds, contributions from alumni and friends and student funds (Dedication of the Fieldhouse and Physical Education Classroom Building, October 10, 1970, p. 3).
1300 17th Avenue North
Fargo, ND 58102