The College of Engineering and Architecture faced concerns over space and classrooms scattered across the campus (the Engineering Center and one of the Art Quonsets). The pressing need for space resulted in the planning and construction of Ehly Hall. Ground was broken on September 1, 1998 and the building was dedicated in October of 1999. The new building provided 12,000 square feet for a library, laboratory space and classrooms. The construction of Ehly Hall cost $1.6 million and was funded entirely by private donations. The most generous donor was Ray Ehly, Sr. (Class of 55, B.S. in Civil Engineering), who donated $700,000 for the building's construction. Additional funds were provided by the NDSU Development Foundation (Spectrum, January 26, 1999, p. 1; It's Happening at State September 10, 1998, p. 1-2).
1315 Centennial Boulevard
Fargo, ND 58102
Printable campus map
Offices and departments located in Ehly Hall