In 1897, Festival Hall, originally known as the Drill Hall or Armory, was completed. It was 40x96 feet and cost approximately $1,500. The building was constructed of wood with a brick foundation. In addition to the drilling of the cadets, it was used as a gymnasium and for college dances. In 1900 an addition measuring 40x40 feet was added. By 1908 the building was again enlarged and rearranged. "The drill floor is now 61x104 feet and is surrounded by a gallery, supported from the roof and capable of seating five hundred people. The roof is supported by trusses so that there are no pillars to interfere with a clear view of the floor from any part of the gallery." (1908-1909 NDAC Catalog, p. 16)

Street Address

1511 12th Avenue North
Fargo, ND 58102


Find Music Education Building on Google Maps

Printable campus map

Music Education Building PDF Map

Offices and departments located in Music Education Building