The exterior design of this USDA building was intended to celebrate the agricultural heritage of the region. Construction was completed in May 1988 at a cost of $8.3 million. The complex is comprised of five connected buildings that house offices, laboratories, seed cleaning/drying facilities, plant growth chambers and an electron microscopy laboratory. Also included in the construction were an additional 10,400 square feet of greenhouse space added to the existing Plant Sciences Greenhouse. Today, the complex houses the NDSU Electron Microscopy Facility and USDA Agricultural Research Service scientists conducting research on barley, hard red spring wheat, durum wheat, sugar beets, potatoes and sunflowers.
1307 18th Street North
Fargo, ND 58102
Printable campus map
Offices and departments located in Northern Crops Science Lab