The first phase of the Plant Sciences Greenhouse was a cooperative venture between the U.S. Department of Agriculture, state of North Dakota and the State Seed Department. USDA provided $1.2 million of the initial funding, while the state of North Dakota provided $800,000 and State Seed provided $80,000. Eventually, a total of 10 greenhouse ranges were built. In 1988, the Northern Crop Science Laboratory was completed and physically joined to the Plant Sciences Greenhouse to create a laboratory/greenhouse complex. Researchers from USDA-ARS, State Seed and the NDSU Departments of Plant Sciences, Plant Pathology and Entomology use the facility in their efforts to improve North Dakota agriculture.
1230 16 1/2 Street North
Fargo, ND 58102