In 1972, the North Dakota Legislature appropriated $1.78 million to build Van Es, the university's new veterinary science building, replacing the "old" Van Es, which was built in 1909 and demolished in 1973. The structure houses NDSU's Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences. The building is named in honor of Leunis Van Es, a longtime faculty member who was head to the Department of Veterinary Science from 1903-18 and served one year as director of the North Dakota Experiment Station.
1523 Centennial Boulevard
Fargo, ND 58102