TRIO Upward Bound
Upward Bound is a college access and preparation program for students in grades 9-12 at Davies, Fargo North, Fargo South and Moorhead high schools. To prepare students to be successful in college, we provide year-round services and summer enrichment programs for our students. The U.S. Department of Education funds TRIO Upward Bound; all services are free for participants. Upward Bound assists high school first-generation students and students coming from limited income backgrounds.
Staff and Contact Information
During the academic year (September-May)
- Monthly workshops on academic skill development, personal/social development, ACT preparation, career and college readiness.
- Advising on academic planning and goal setting, college access and fit, scholarships, financial aid, employment, and college transition.
- Tutoring provided by local college students.
- College and university tours.
Summer Program (June and July)
- Community building and engagement
- 6 weeks of non-credit academic instruction in Math, English, Lab Science and Foreign Language.
- 6-8 weeks of Bridge for graduating students who are starting college in the fall.
- Field trips to colleges, museums and other cultural events.
- Opportunities to live on college campus.
- Career exploration and financial literacy workshops
- Social activities
Students interested in Upward Bound must attend Davies, Fargo North, Fargo South and Moorhead high schools. Upward Bound accepts applications throughout the year and reviews applications as they are received.
- Print out and complete the application. Paper applications can be picked up at the counseling office at your high school.
- Return application to Upward Bound via email, mail or drop it off at your schools’ counseling office. Your application will be reviewed as soon as we receive it.
- UB will review your application and supplemental material and contact you. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be invited to an interview. At this appointment, you and a parent or guardian will visit with UB staff to learn more about the program and share more about yourself and your interest in being in the program.
Application Contact: Michelle Pearson | email@example.com | 701-231-8090
Staff: Visit the UB Staff and Contact page to meet the UB team.
Mail: NDSU TRIO UB | Dept 2839 PO Box 6050 | Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Phone: (701) 231-8029