Content Management System
The NDSU Content Management System (CMS) provides an easy way for departments to manage and publish Web content. Benefits of the CMS include:
- A clean, professional design
- Templates designed to be accessible to persons with disabilities
- No software to purchase or install
- Ability for a collection of people from your organization to have access to create and update content in cooperation with the option to elect one+ individual(s) to approve content before it is published
- Ongoing training provided by the ITS Training group
- A "CMS User Group" to provide assistance and support for CMS authors
Points to consider when choosing CMS
- CMS is intended general Web content like static Web pages, PDF files, and images
- If your needs go beyond this basic functionality, you can contact Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure to request other features
- The template, page format and page style choices follow the University Relations design guidelines to ensure a standard, professional look for the site
- The template is designed to be accessible to persons with disabilities
CMS: Just the Facts
Who can use CMS to distribute information?
NDSU business units, departments, operational teams and service lines, Ag Extension and affiliates, individual NDSU faculty
What will the address be?
www.ndsu.edu/you-own-identifier-here (identifier subject to approval from VP for University Relations)
What type of content can be shared?
Web pages, images and documents
Who can view the content?
Anyone on or off campus
How is content developed and managed?
Content authors use a Web‐based editor to create content
How long can the site remain online?
Indefinitely. There must be a current staff/faculty owner.
For more detail, review the CMS Terms of Service.
CMS Training and Support
- Training is provided by ITS Instructional Services (faculty/staff training opportunities)
- The CMS User Group meets periodically to provide assistance and discussion
Sign up for the group mailing list
- An online knowledge repository is available at the CMS knowledge base
Get Started with CMS
- Be sure you meet the critera for using CMS:
The service is available only to departments (e.g. business units, operational teams and service lines), Ag Extension and affiliates, and individual faculty
- Request an account
- Request a CMS site
- Attend CMS training, available through Instructional Services