4-H provides hands-on, real life experiences through projects, activities, and events. Our program is available to all youth and offered in every county in North Dakota. 4-H is the largest and the only research based youth organization in the state and is conducted by North Dakota State University Extension.
4-H Youth Development education creates supportive learning environments for all youth and adults to reach their full potential as capable, competent and caring citizens.
In support of this mission, NDSU Extension Service 4-H Youth Development programs will:
- Reach out to all segments of our diverse population
- Provide experiential learning
- Provide opportunities to develop skills and values that benefit youth throughout life
- Foster leadership and volunteerism in youth and adults
- Strengthen families and communities
- Use science and research based knowledge and the land grant university system
- Build internal and external partnerships for programming and funding
My Head to clearer thinking,
My Heart to greater loyalty,
My Hands to larger service,
And my Health to better living,
for my club, my community,
my country, and my world.