The Rising Scholars Mentoring Program is open to all NDSU undergraduate students - you can join any time! The Rising Scholars Program seeks to support students throughout their experience at NDSU, especially within the first semester of college.
Each student who chooses to participate is paired with a mentor on campus, who they will meet with once a week for 30 minutes. During these meetings, the Rising Scholars mentor can provide support, connect students with campus resources, increase feelings of belonging and connection, and answer any questions that may arise during the semester. Mentors will also assist students with goal setting, time management, and developing other study skills.
Conditionally admitted students, who are identified by the Office of Admission, are strongly encouraged to participate in the Rising Scholars Program during their first semester. Any NDSU student can elect to be part of the program at any point during their education.
Rising Scholars Informational Brochure
Rising Scholars Program seeks to support students through mentoring as they adjust to the academic rigors of college.
- Increase confidence and ability to manage academic workload through the development of college-level study skills.
- Identify attainable short-term and long-term goals with an action plan for academic success
- Access and navigate available campus resources
- Make meaningful connections at NDSU
Rising Scholars participants will
- Complete a "Getting to Know You Questionnaire" to identify areas of personal growth and strength for goal planning.
- Attend weekly 30 minute one-on-one meetings with their mentor throughout the semester to develop academic and personal skills to help them excel as an NDSU student.