ASID MN Awards
NDSU Interior Design Students

Abby Hopkins  
Abby Hopkins won 1st place in the 2021 ASID MN Design Excellence Awards student category for the Commercial competition. She entered her 2nd-year small scale contract project - Green Peace Office (on display) and was recognized at the Awards Gala in Minneapolis.

Hopkins is a senior in the Interior Design program and completing an international internship experience with Carton Interiors in Dublin, Ireland. She is the President of the NDSU ASID Student Chapter.

 

 

Jesse Price
Jesse Price won 1st place in the 2021 ASID MN Design Excellence Awards student category for the residential competition. She entered her advanced residential project from 3rd year studio – The Adler Residence and was recognized at the Awards Gala in Minneapolis.

This was Price’s second consecutive win in the Residential Competition – she also won the award in 2020!

Price graduated in May and is employed with Scheels in store planning. She served as the outgoing president of the NDSU ASID Student Chapter along with service to North Dakota Interior Designers (NDID), Mortar Board, Phi Upsilon Omicron, USGBC, and Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society.

 

 

Sophie Semanko
Sophie Semanko received the 2022 ASID Minnesota Interior Design Student Scholarship sponsored by the American Society of Interior Designers, Minnesota Chapter. 

Selection is based on a personal essay, academic accomplishments, letter of recommendation, design project submission (on display), and ASID Student Membership.

Semanko is a student member and Fundraising Co-Chair in the NDSU ASID Student Chapter.

Student Achievement Data

North Dakota State University, Interior Design, Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts

It typically takes a full-time student taking approximately 16 credits per semester four years to complete the degree program. Credits per semester may vary if student has transferred to the program with credits and the minor he/she may select to support their interior design degree.

The following data was collected using institutional records and alumni e-mails following the 2022 spring graduation. Twenty of 21 students have responded to e-mail to complete this data collection process.

Student Attrition and Retention

Admission into the second-year professional program comes at the conclusion of the first year of the pre-professional program and is based upon demonstrated professional interest and involvement; a 3.0 institutional cumulative GPA, and a minimum grade of C in all major core requirements.  Students must maintain the 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA requirement and a grade of C or better in all major core requirements throughout the remainder of the program. 

 

DescriptionTotal
Fall 2021 First Year Cohort61
Spring 2022 student applications meeting admission requirements29
Students from Fall 2021 cohort enrolled as of Fall 202229
Cohort Retention Rate49%


Graduation Rates

Of the students graduating in spring 2022, 57% graduated in 4 years (43% students not completing in 4 years were transfer students, students completing a second major, or students that took a gap year from the interior design curriculum).


Acceptance into Graduate Programs

No students that graduated in 2022 have applied for graduate school.
 

Job Placement

95% of students who graduated in May 2022 are employed in interior design.  Remaining alumni 5% are actively searching for employment in design following graduation.

Alumni Career Locations

(Updated May 27, 2021)

Alumni in Graduate School

Our alumni are prepared to pursue graduate degrees in several different majors.  Meet Matthew, his interest in historic buildings and historic preservation led him to pursue a masters in historic preservation at Roger Williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island.

 

Learn more about Matthew's experience ⇒

 

 

 

Scholarships

Be rewarded for your hard work and apply for some of the many scholarships available to NDSU interior design students.

 

 

 

 

Learn how to succeed in a dynamic industry!

Interior Design Program Coordinator
Susan Ray-Degges
E. Morrow Lebedeff Hall 178
Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Phone: 701-231-7218
Fax: 701-231-5273
Email: susan.raydegges@ndsu.edu

Top of page