NDSU Extension Ramsey County Lead Local
Lead Local helps keep communities solvent, productive and engaged. It also provides understanding of effective conflict management and communication skills that help leaders and residents work collaboratively on complex issues.
As an aspiring, elected or appointed leader serving on a board, council or committee, would you like to:
- Feel better prepared to serve as an effective board, council or committee member?
- Recognize the components of an effective meeting?
- Learn basic parliamentary procedure and how to use it?
- Understand different personality styles and how people can work together effectively?
- Use effective tools when dealing with conflict?
- Learn about the importance of ethical leadership and its impact on you as a leader, as well as the citizens you represent?
Cost: $50 for Devils Lake Chamber of Commerce Members (Up to two employees per business)
$75 for Non-Members
Includes lunch, breaks and materials
To register, contact:
NDSU Extension Ramsey County
701.662.7027 -or- e-mail Sara Laite at email@example.com
Or follow the online registration link
Who should attend? Existing leaders who serve on a church council, city council, school board, township officers, childcare board, weed board, etc. or anyone who needs some pointers and wants to feel more confident in serving on a board or in a leadership position.
Requests for accommodations related to disability should be made to the event contact person at least two weeks in advance of the event.