Enjoy this delightful mix after a hectic day of hitting the after-holiday sales. It also makes a hearty treat after a chilly afternoon of sledding, ice skating or building snow creatures!
- 1 c. instant skim milk powder
- 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c. white sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. crushed peppermint candy
- ½ c. mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Add the skim milk powder, cocoa powder, sugar and salt to a food processor. Pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer the mix to a large bowl. Add the crushed peppermint candy and mini semisweet chocolate chips. Stir until distributed throughout the mixture.
- Store mixture in an airtight, quart-sized container. Decorate container as desired.
Serving Directions: For each serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup boiling water.
Makes 12 servings. Per serving: 160 calories, 3.5 g fat, 4 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber and 130 mg sodium