Greek Lentil Salad
This Greek inspired salad provides a taste of summer!
- 1 cup dry lentils, 1½ cups water
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Combine lentils and water in a pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender (about 15-20 minutes), then drain and cool.
In a large bowl, combine lentils, olives, onion, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumber, feta cheese and parsley.
Whisk oil, lemon juice and oregano together. Toss salad with dressing to coat.
Can be eaten right away or covered and left in fridge to marinate for 2 hours before serving. Salad can be made a day in advance.