The Home Economics building was dedicated on October 22, 1954. The newly completed structure cost $400,000 and was billed as a "home economists dream come true." The first floor contained offices for the dean and professors of home economics education, a social lounge, clothing and costume laboratories. The second floor housed the food laboratories and a large weaving room (Beacon Across the Prairie, p. 199). The textiles laboratory contained the newest features that made possible every test on textiles due the latest equipment such as the launderometer and the fadeometer and a chemical testing room (Fargo Forum, Sun. Oct.17, 1954).
1310 Centennial Boulevard
Fargo, ND 58102
Offices and departments located in E. Morrow Lebedeff Hall