Our mission at the Center for Child Development is to serve and act on behalf of the needs, rights, and well-being of all children, their families and university students.
The Center for Child Development is an education and service program that employs high quality teachers to educate children. Our primary goals are to:
- Serve as an education and research facility for North Dakota State University.
- Educate and care for children using a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Provide support and strengthen the quality of life for young children and their families.
- Ensure school readiness and help prepare children for successful participation in work and civil life
- Implement and evaluate a curriculum that is thoughtfully planned, challenging, engaging, developmentally appropriate, culturally and linguistically sensitive, and will promote positive outcomes for all children
- Provide supportive, well educationed teachers from the Early Childhood field
- Encourage open communication and a partnership between parents and teachers
- Evaluate the quality of our program based upon a variety of sources and make program improvements
What our families have to say:
"I really like the friendly, welcoming attitude that encourages child development." - Parent Quote 2022
"Our child loves talking about their day and what they did." - Parent Quote 2021
"We have enjoyed our experience with our child at the Center and look forward to continuing to work with the teachers on our child's development." - Parent Quote 2021