In 1955 the State Legislature and the State Bank of North Dakota approved a $600,000 loan to the University for the construction of a new men's residence building. The building was completed in March 1957 and was ready for students the following year. The new dormitory housed 250 men--two men per room. Each room was furnished with two single beds, a chest of drawers and a built-in wardrobe as well as providing both occupants with their own study area (Fargo Forum December 16, 1955; NDAC Alumni Review, March 1957, p. 3).
1420 University Drive North
Fargo, ND 58102