We have two important updates for you regarding CMS!
CMS Outage on Sunday, September 19
There will be a full CMS outage impacting both frontend visitor page views and backend editing on Sunday, September 19 from 7:00 a.m. to noon for database maintenance. We do not expect the outage to last the full window of time. Because several applications are hosted on this database server, the outage notification is over-sized in case any of the applications encounter troubles coming back online.
Updates Coming to NDSU 2018 Template
On the evening of Monday, September 20, we will apply some updates to the NDSU 2018 template. This will not change any other templates, and will not require downtime. Changes you will notice include:
- Modified top green bar links
- Slightly changed headings to mirror what is used on the admission site template
- Improved header organization on mobile-size devices
- New "NDSU" footer positioned after the "department" footer. The new footer is not author-editable.
- "Text & Images" contents will be updated to follow the position specified in the content element editor. If you have configured a content element to use, for example, "In text, left" will be wrapped with the text instead of displaying the same as "Beside text, left" as it has since 2018. This may impact your pages in intended ways--such as if you've been trying to align media to the adjacent text--or may be a surprise if you've selected a position that "just works" but isn't the same as the stated position. Edit the content element to adjust the position if necessary.
- Click-enlarge will be implemented. Any records that already have this field checked will automatically use this behavior and records can add this behavior by checking the click-enlarge box. This does not apply to images in the rich text editor.
- Images that are used as a link to another page or click-enlarge that do not have either Alternate text or a Description (Caption) will display a caption warning of "Caption and Alt missing." Add either a caption or meaningful and relevant alternative text to the image to remove the warning.
To see a before and after of the template with these changes:
- Before - https://www.ndsu.edu/cms/kb/images/text_images/
- After - https://www.ndsu.edu/cms/kb/images/text_images/?imageTest=1&templateRev=2021
Contact the IT Help Desk at 701-231-8685 or email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance.