The mission of the Educational and Organizational Leadership program is to prepare scholars who will advance education research and practice and maintain the integrity and vitality of the profession.
Scholars in our community will be stewards of the discipline, individuals entrusted with preserving, creating, and applying knowledge in education and with communicating educational knowledge to others.
In addition to the seven core values of the university (Land-Grant, People, Scholarship, Teaching and Learning, Ethics, Culture, and Accountability), we are focused upon the following program-specific values and principles:
- We affirm that the core work of graduate education is to build both a breadth and depth of knowledge
- We emphasize the progressive, life-long development of the learner from novice to expert
- We facilitate the construction of new, integrated knowledge through our professional experiences
- We are actively engaged in pursuing scholarship of all forms, and we contribute to the improvement and understanding of teaching and learning through our research and evaluation efforts
- We reflect upon scholarly practices to promote our own learning and disseminate our findings to advance knowledge in the field
- We demonstrate a culture of inquiry and evidence in our professional experiences
- We are responsible, active, and intentional agents in our own learning
- We adhere to the professional ethics and responsibilities in our field and maintain professional conduct
- We seek an awareness of and appreciation for diverse people and ideas with respect for the contributions of all groups as we preserve, create, disseminate, and apply knowledge
- We are actively engaged in our professional community