Appealing a parking citation
If you believe a parking citation was issued in error, you may file an appeal online through the NDSU Parking Portal within seven (7) calendar days of the citation issue date.
NDSU faculty, staff and students please visit the NDSU Parking Portal, then select Affiliated Login and use your Campus Connection/PeopleSoft credentials to access the appeal option.
All other users please visit the NDSU Parking Portal, then select Guest Login and use your account credentials. (You will have the option to create an account if you do not already have one.)
If an appeal contains crude, threatening, abusive, or otherwise inappropriate language, it will be denied immediately.
The initial appeal will be administratively reviewed by NDSU Parking and Transportation Services staff members and does not involve an appearance. You will be notified by e-mail with the decision of the appeal. If the administrative review is denied, you are obligated to pay the fine.
If you believe the initial appeal decision does not comply with the NDSU Parking Regulations, you may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to meet with the NDSU Parking Appeals Board within seven (7) calendar days of the initial appeal denial. All decisions of the NDSU Parking Appeals Board are final.
Rationale for appeals
Appeals at all levels are reviewed based upon the information presented and in accordance with the NDSU Parking Regulations.
The following are generally not considered valid reasons for an appeal:
- Failure to properly display a permit (to include pay station receipts)
- Unfamiliarity with the area or rules
- Failure to notice or understand parking signs
- Parked illegally for a short period of time
- Late to class or appointment
- Plenty of other spaces available
- Never received the physical citation
- Displayed a note on the vehicle
- Inability to pay the fine
- Inclement weather
- No other place to park
- Others didn't receive citations
- Violation not previously enforced
- Someone else had possession of the vehicle