NEW - Validation Codes for Guest Parking!
The NDSU Parking Office has updated guest parking by introducing validation codes to be used at the pay stations within the 4 pay lots on the main campus. Departments may request a validation code to be used for their guests on campus at the pay stations, eliminating the need for outdated, paper permits in the pay lots. Validation codes can be used in all pay lots on the NDSU main campus, including Memorial Union (MU) lot, T2 lot, Visitor E lot and the Wellness Center (WE) lot.
Please proceed by viewing all items below listed in the "Resources" section and then learn how to utilize the validation codes.
Process of Utilizing Validation Codes
Steps for Departments Issuing Codes:
- Initial acquirement of the validation code – please email email@example.com. Give your name, the dept name, dept number, email address and then state you would like access to a parking validation code for guest use.
- Give code to guest via email, text or verbally in person or over the phone.
- Department will record individuals name, license plate number, date issued and purpose of visit in the Guest Permit Log.
Steps for Guests Using Validation Codes:
- Park in a space within the 4 pay lots on the NDSU main campus.
- Proceed to one of the pay stations within the lot, indicated with a green “P” payment sign.
- The pay station will prompt you to first enter your license plate number.
*It is important to enter the correct license plate number for it is used in enforcing the lot.
- Select “ALL DAY PARKING” or the max amount of time available, based on the time of your arrival.
- The screen will ask if you have a coupon code. Press 1 to select "Yes".
- Enter the 8-digit validation (coupon) code on the pay station and hit “OK”.
- The pay station will process the transaction as a zero-dollar transaction and print a receipt for your record only. You do not need to display the receipt in your vehicle!
- Proceed to the location you are visiting and enjoy your time at NDSU!
Daily Permits for Non-Pay Lot Parking
NDSU Parking provides additional guest parking outside of the pay lots, to reach other areas outside of the main campus. These areas include parking in the AD lot (near the Alumni Center); RP lots (Research Park); and the downtown lots (including ELIM, BH Visitor, KH and RH lots). When a department would like to request parking permits to hold within their office for these 3 areas and use at their leisure for guests coming to campus, daily permits can be requested by using the One Day Permit Order Form, to which the department will receive an IDB. Daily permits are $2.00 each.