NDSU Records Management Oversight
The Information Technology Division is responsible for oversight of NDSU's Record Management Program in accordance with North Dakota Century Code (NDCC) 54-46, NDCC 44-04-18, NDCC 12.1-11-05 and NDCC 55-02.1-05, and NDSU Policy 713, Records Management.
- NDCC 54-46 Records Management This chapter defines a state record and the process to be used to manage records.
- NDCC 44-04-18 Access to public records - Electronically stored informationThis section (it starts on page 4 of chapter 44-04) deals with open records, confidential information, etc. Definitions are in section 17.1.
- NDCC 12.1-11-05 Tampering with public records This section (page 2) of the Criminal Code establishes penalties for tampering with public records
- NDCC 55-02.1-05 Depositories of archival resources This section provides for agreements between the state historical society and state universities to serve as regional depositories (e.g., the NDSU archives).
- NDSU policy 713 provides guidelines and procedures for the management, retention and disposal of records that have been identified, defined and classified.
All records produced in the daily course of business at NDSU are subject to state and federal laws/regulations, including retention and disposal.
Theresa Semmens is the Director of Records Management, and CeCe Rohwedder serves as Records Management Coordinator.
NDSU Policy 713, Records Management, provides guidelines and procedures for the management, retention and disposal of records that have been identified and defined.
To identify records and their respective retention periods please refer to: www.ndsu.edu/recordsmanagement/records_retention_schedule/
Use this resource to determine the appropriate disposal process: http://www.ndsu.edu/recordsmanagement/disposal_resources/
For more information on records retention please visit: http://www.ndsu.edu/recordsmanagement/resources/
If you have a question, visit the Frequently Asked Questions, http://www.ndsu.edu/recordsmanagement/faq/ . If the question has not been published, please contact Theresa Semmens or CeCe Rohwedder.
Wednesday, September 16, 1-4pm, Memorial Union Plains Room
"Records Management and You: What Do You Do?"
Receive the latest information on the records management process at NDSU and present questions you may have. Get hands-on experience on navigating the website and familiarize yourself with the resources available, including getting to know the records retention schedule and how to identify the record series for specific records. We will walk you through the forms you may need to fill out throughout the year, and discuss disposal requirements and methods. Test your records management knowledge through a short and fun quiz!