Associated with the Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering program is a very active student engineering branch of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) Club. This professional student organization is recognized by ASABE and the NDSU campus student government. The ASABE Club conducts business, raises money to support their activities, etc. to promote the professional interests and advancement of students in agricultural and biosystems engineering-related fields. Business meetings usually include industry field trips and speakers, lawnmower and snow blower clinic, and the annual Agricultural Technology Expo which is held in February. The ASABE Club works in conjunction with the Quarter-Scale International student design competition and the national EMI trophy competition. The ASABE Club also works with the ASM Club to hold an annual Department spring picnic.
Membership of the ASABE Club gives students an opportunity to get to know other classmates and the faculty in a more social atmosphere. It provides the opportunity for students to develop their communication, leadership, organizational, and team player skills. Each of these plays an important part in the training of a well-rounded student. Many lifelong friendships develop through these activities.
Dr. Tom Bon, 202 Ag and Biosystems Engineering, 1-7275
- Once or twice monthly; meeting announcements are posted
- Promote the professional interests and advancement of students in agricultural and biosystems engineering-related fields
- Acquaint students with practical phases of engineering and agriculture and help develop a professional point of view
- Encourage, promote and support student publications and professional and social activities, and create a fraternal spirit among students
- Industry field trips and speakers, lawnmower and snow blower tune-up clinics, the NDSU Agricultural Technology Expo, design competitions (including a 1/4-scale tractor international student design competition), student/faculty picnic, national EMI trophy competition
- undergraduate agricultural and biosystems engineering student
- members are eligible to become student members of the national ASABE organization (www.asabe.org)
How to Join