This healthy recipe comes from NDSU Extension.
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ c. barbecue sauce (your choice)
- 4 c. romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can corn, drained
- 2 c. carrots, grated
- ¼ c. red onion, diced
- ¼ c. green onion, chopped
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Romaine lettuce (to line salad bowls)
- Salad dressing, your choice
In a skillet, combine the chickpeas and barbecue sauce over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, corn, carrots, onions and cilantro. Place a layer of romaine lettuce in bowls and top with chickpeas and your favorite ranch-style dressing, if desired.