Blazin’ Stuffed Peppers
These peppers are "blazin" with flavorful spices.
- 4 medium bell peppers, any color
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (try Pepper Jack for more spice)
Rinse peppers and cut in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Place peppers in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for five minutes; drain. Set pepper halves on greased baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small skillet, sauté the chopped onion until tender.
Mix together onions, tomatoes, corn and black beans in a medium-sized bowl. In a small bowl, combine oil and seasonings; add to vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly. Fill pepper halves with mixture and top with cheese. Bake for eight to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.