This stew has a variety of colors and flavors!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped OR 2 cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 4 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Salt to taste
Lightly spray sauce pan with cooking spray. Cook onion and garlic on low heat until softened. Add chopped sweet potatoes and beans; cook for one minute. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat or until sweet potatoes soften. Remove and discard bay leaves. Blend remaining ingredients with a blender or whisk until smooth consistency.