Slow Cooker Taco Soup
This healthy recipe comes from NDSU Extension.
- 1 lb. lean or extra-lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16-oz.) can chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (15-oz.) can whole-kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce (low-sodium)
- 2 c. water
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans peeled and diced tomatoes (low-sodium)
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix (low-sodium)
In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain. Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chili peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend and cook on low setting for eight hours.