Construction on Sudro Hall began in September 1959 as the first step in an extensive building and improvement program. The State Legislature appropriated $550,000 for the building and the University received a grant of $125,000 from the Health Research Facilities Division of the National Institutes of Health to cover construction costs. The completed building opened in September 1960. The School of Pharmacy, originally housed in the chemistry building and Francis Hall, moved into Sudro Hall in 1961. The Pharmacy program began at the University (then Agricultural College) in 1902 when North Dakota became the fourth state in the in the nation to require pharmacists, those wishing to become registered pharmacists, to graduate from a school of pharmacy (Fargo Forum, May 10 1959; The Dedication of Sudro Hall, Sunday, October 8, 1961).
1401 Albrecht Boulevard
Fargo, ND 58102