Animal Core Facility
The animal Core facility is established to foster excellence in pancreatic cancer research of junior investigators and other biomedical researchers of the campus.
The Core services include:
- Animal care
- Protocol development
- Training for researchers
- Adherence to IACUC regulation
Animal Core Director
Dr. Jodie Haring
Dr. Haring has worked with animals in research for 16 years, the majority of which with small animal models. Her role in the COBRE Animal Facility includes overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Facility, helping to develop protocols, and providing training to researchers.
Animal Core Facility Fee Structure
- Manager: $34.70/hr
- Injections: $1.25 each
- Weights: time
- Daily welfare/food and water checks: $1/cage/week of study
- Gavage: $6 each
- Blood draw: $6 each
- Tumor measurements: time
- Ultrasound: time
- Organ/tumor harvest: time
- Protocol/manuscript/grant writing: time
- Researching and ordering specialty supplies: time
- .95/day: includes bedding, food, water, cage washing, room and IVC rack consumables
CORE Facility will also stock/order commonly-used consumables (upon request).