Welcome to the NDSU Counseling Center!
Accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc.
The mission of the Counseling Center is to encourage individuals to develop their unique potential by providing services and programs in a supportive environment.
The NDSU Counseling Center provides a confidential setting in which students may explore concerns of a personal, academic, or career-related nature; makes referrals; and serves as consultants for faculty and staff. Students in counseling can explore a variety of concerns which may prevent them from functioning at their optimum levels.
We are sensitive to the needs of students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, ethnic groups, ages, and ability, and are LGBTQ affirming.
Scheduling An Appointment
- Individual and Group Counseling for NDSU students, free of charge.
- Location: 212 Ceres Hall
- Phone number: 701-231-7671.
- Hours during the school Year: M/W/F 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and T/Th 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Hours during summer and school breaks: M-F 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
NDSU Counseling Center Video--"A Quick Guide to Counseling"
NDSU Counseling Center Video--"You Are Not Alone"
Groups, Classes and Workshops Spring 2017!
- "Made for You" Undergraduate Support Group
- NAASP: Native American Students Standing Proud
- DeStress in the Dirt
- Introduction to Mindsulness Workshop
- Mind and Body Group
- SMART Recovery Group
- Meditation for Stress Management and Focus
- Pawsitive Relaxation with our therapy dogs
- Graduate Student Support Group
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Career Planning Class
- Study Skills Class
See our Groups and Classes page for details (details for some groups TBA shortly)!
Check Out These External Links...
APA Help Center American Psychological Association's Public Information help center.
North Dakota Department of Health Suicide Prevention Web Site Designed specifically for information about suicide prevention and other issues associated with suicide.
Virtual Pamphlet CollectionStudent Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection.
TutorND Free online tutoring for all ND residents and students at NDUS institutions! Get FREE help from expert tutors online. Improve your confidence, skills, and grades.
A site that offers mental health information especially for college students, including:
- A self-screening program for you to take if you are concerned about your own emotions or those of a friend
- A program that will answer your questions about mental health issues
- A vast mental health resource library
In addition, check out Ulifeline's new partnership site with mtvU, Half of Us
We discourage people from contacting us via e-mail regarding personal problems. The nature of e-mail is such that we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of your correspondence, nor do we find e-mail communications as useful as in-depth, face-to-face contact. Moreover, we cannot guarantee that we will read e-mail right away or respond in a timely fashion.
North Dakota State University Counseling Center
Location: 212 Ceres Hall
Mailing Address: NDSU Dept. 5120, P.O. Box 6050 Fargo, ND 58108-6050
Phone: (701) 231-7671
ND Relay: (800) 366-6888
Fax: (701) 231-6318
For emergency/crisis contact information, please see our Crisis Intervention Page
Stress and Depression Assessment
Graduate Student Training Position Application
Graduate Career Assistant Position
Eating Disorder Report Form
Behavior Intervention Team
Sexual Assault Prevention Programs
NDSU Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Prevention Programs
Veterans and Military Student Services
Division of Student Affairs
Counseling Center Organizational Chart