The social worker ensures that the appropriate needs and interests of each resident are met. This position also provides social work services consisting of assessments, counseling, discharge planning, care planning, and other relevant assistance to residents and families to help residents maintain an optimum level of psycho-social functioning. This position reports directly to the Social Services Director.
- Provide counseling services to residents and families in such areas as interpersonal relationships, stressful life events, disabling diseases, chemical abuse, terminal illnesses and adjustment to both living in a nursing facility as well as the aging process. The Social worker uses such techniques as leading groups, individual counseling, and family counseling.
- This position participates in resident care plan meetings to develop and assure that department services meet each resident's needs.
- Prepares reports such as progress notes in residents' charts, discharge summaries, and oral reports in resident care conferences.
- The Social worker participates in the discharge planning process which includes making transportation arrangements, arranging transfers to hospitals and other facilities, and assisting residents in finding outside services available for home living or other health care facilities.
- Utilizes a resident focused approach to ensure resident safety at all time. *Answers call lights and residents requests; if not qualified to meet the request, seeks assistance. *Assists in transporting residents from one area to another. *Assists residents with transfers and at meals, with the direction of primary care givers (nursing and therapy staff). *Communicates positively with residents, visitors and staff, projecting a helpful caring attitude while fulfilling request or answering questions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.33 to $22.91 /hour
- Social Work: 1 year
Licensed Social Worker Viking Manor Ulen MN
Viking Manor Nursing Home in Ulen, MN is currently accepting applications for a part-time Social Worker for our skilled nursing facility to work three days a week. Position requires current Social Worker License. Position includes PERA Retirement and Paid Vacation. For more information contact Todd or Jessie at 218-596-8847 or mail your resume to Viking Manor 317 1st Street NW, Ulen, MN 56585 or email: email@example.com.
Pelican Valley Senior Living seeks an Licensed Social Worker to join its team. This position works 9am - 4pm, Monday through Friday. Pelican Valley Senior Living is a three-building senior living campus that provides a full continuum of care. Our 33-bed nursing home provides skilled nursing care and transitional care. Our attached assisted living, Riverfront Manor, has ten assisted living apartments and ten memory care assisted living apartments. Riverfront on Main has 26 assisted living apartments and is home to a child care center on its lower level. Pelican Valley Senior Living has been a vital part of the Pelican Rapids community for more than 50 years. We pride ourselves in being small enough to care but large enough to serve. Pelican Valley is managed by Ecumen and together, we create home for older adults wherever they choose to live.
I am reaching out with Common Tides, a 501(c)(3) non-profit. We have an upcoming trip to the US Virgin Islands which is aimed at providing free marine science and sailing programs to underserved local children of the islands. Our trips rely on motivated, passionate college students who help us teach these programs over the summer. We are currently accepting applications to join.
Thanks to those who joined us in 2017, we were able to teach 65 children and 16 adults. Please see the flyer below for further trip details.
Are you seeking valuable experience that you can put on your resume?
Are you looking for a part-time position that works with your class schedule and allows you to make a difference in the lives of others?
Easter Seals Goodwill ND is currently hiring Direct Support Professionals in the Fargo/Moorhead area to provide direct care to adults and children with disabilities in their homes and in the community.
CPR and First Aid is required, training will be provided. Starting wage is $14-$15 per hour depending on experience!
Applications can be found at https://www.esgwnd.org/jobopenings/
For any questions, please call Jen at 701-893-3456.
Family Self-Sufficiency Coordinator: job description and application
Meridian Services, Zenith Services, and Orion Associates.
We are currently looking for new case managers to join our growing team and thought you may be of some help with fall graduation fast approaching! Here at Meridian Services we provide new graduates the opportunity to gain experience on many different caseloads in many different counties. We currently have MHP, Elderly, Intellectual Disabilities, BCBS, Medica, and CADI caseloads in Anoka, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, and Sterns County. Contact for more information
CHARISM Neighborhood Center is a non-profit providing support and outreach programs for at-risk children, youth and adults in Fargo, North Dakota.
Employment and Internships Current Job Opportunities
Did your summer internship only give you college credit? Join Chegg Tutors and make some extra cash this semester. It’s the perfect part time contract work for busy college students and professionals.Get started today!
Perks of Being a Chegg Tutor:
- Set your own schedule
- Make $20+/hour
- Work from anywhere
- Bask in the good karma of helping others!
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org