The International Student Emergency Fund is a donor-supported fund established to provide need-based assistance to international students with an unforeseen financial emergency beyond their control that hinders their ability to continue enrollment at NDSU. Emergency funding is provided in the form of a grant of up to $500 and is generally given as a one-time award. The goal is to help prevent one emergency or unexpected expense from jeopardizing an international student’s academic journey.
The emergency fund is available to international students who have completed two or more semesters of study at NDSU and are:
- Enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program
- In good academic standing
- Studying on an F-1 or J-1 visa and in full compliance of all visa regulations
- Experiencing an unexpected documentable financial emergency
Examples of emergency expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency medical expenses not covered by insurance
- Costs to travel home unexpectedly for family emergency
- Replacement of belongings lost in a fire or natural disaster
Please Note: This fund cannot be used to pay for tuition, fees or health insurance.
Complete the online application and upload supporting documentation. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and awards are based on the availability of funds.
Contact the Office of International Student & Study Abroad Services at 701-231-7895 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Click here to begin the application.
If you would like to make a gift to the International Student Emergency Fund, please click here to be directed to the NDSU Foundation website.