This page offers information about the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver, Ethnicity-Based Scholarships, and other scholarships or financial assistance for multicultural students. We have also included lists of scholarships that have been available through various colleges at NDSU as a guide to what may be available to all students.
This information is not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather an idea of what help is out there. Your academic department and OneStop may be able to give you additional resources.
While applications for admission to most programs at NDSU can be submitted as late as one month prior to the beginning of each semester, the early filing of the admission application is especially important if you can apply for financial aid and housing. If you are interested in starting at NDSU for fall semester, we strongly recommend applying for admission as early as January. Application forms can be obtained from the Office of Admissions. Visit the NDSU admissions website by clicking HERE.
The Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver is administered by NDSU's Office of Admission. In general, however, all multicultural students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply for the waiver. Students must be fully admitted to NDSU, not under conditional nor under provisional status. Complete benefits and limitations of the scholarship can be found on the Office of Admission website. All questions should be addressed to the NDSU Office of Admission.
Click on this link for the Office of Admission, or call Toll Free: 1-800-488-NDSU.
All Nations Louis Stokes Alliance for Minorities Program (ANSLAMP or AMP) has partnered with the Office of Multicultural Programs at NDSU. This program provides stipends for undergraduate multicultural students who are full-time enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. (Students in Health Sciences are not eligible for this program, unfortunately.)
ANSLAMP Scholar Benefits:
- Eligible to receive a stipend
- Opportunity to attend residential/pre-college academic summer programs with all expenses paid and a stipend
- Opportunity to attend ANSLAMP conference or other professional STEM conferences with expenses paid
ANSLAMP Scholar Criteria:
- Enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Effective mentoring and tutoring skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- 2.5 GPA or greater
Students should contact Jaclynn Davis Wallette in the Office of Multicultural Programs (Memorial Union 178) for an application if they meet the above criteria: email@example.com, Telephone: (701) 231-7314.
Click here to check out the All Nations AMP website.
On the International Student and Study Abroad Services website, there are specific Diversity scholarships listed in the drop down at the bottom of that page that you can link to. Anyone interested can visit their website, or drop by their office (MU 116), or call (701) 231-7895, anytime between 8:00 am & 5:00 pm (7:30 am & 4:00 pm summer hours) for more information.
The Office of Multicultural Programs also provides information on the following scholarships:
- American Indian Education Foundation Scholarship Program
- Helen Bergstrom Ernst Scholarship Fund
- Higher Education Resource Organization for Students (H.E.R.O.S)
- North Dakota Indian Education Association Scholarship
- Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux Tribe Higher Education Program
- Higher Education Program
- Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians Scholarship Program
- White Earth Scholarship program
- AND MANY MORE!