Applying for the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver
The Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver promotes diversity through sharing cultural experiences in a diverse campus setting. NDSU provides an ideal learning environment. Based on availability, the tuition waiver is provided to students from one or more of the following groups:
- Native American/American Indian
- Alaska Native
- African American/Black
- Hawaiian Native/Other Pacific Islander
- Multiracial/Multiethnic (from the above categories)
Among the students identified as culturally diverse, priority is given to:
- Students with high financial need (based on results of the completed 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as of February 1, 2019)
- First generation college students
- Students who are single parents
- North Dakota residents
- Enrolled members of a Native American/American Indian tribe or Alaska Native village
Due to the limited number of awards available, not all applicants are guaranteed this waiver. A Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver Application with necessary documentation must be completed in Academic Works by April 1. No late applications will be accepted.
Awarding for the 2019-20 academic year has concluded. The application for the 2020-21 academic year will be posted later this fall.
To be considered for the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver, you must:
- Be admitted to NDSU by April 1, 2019 and meet one of the following:
- New undergraduate first-year student with a 2.75 or higher cumulative high school GPA
- New undergraduate transfer student with a 2.0 or higher cumulative college GPA
- Submit the online Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver Application by April 1, 2019.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), indicating NDSU's school code of 002997. Information from the FAFSA is used in the awarding of the Cultural Diversity Tuition Waiver. To be considered, you must submit your FAFSA free of errors by NDSU's February 1, 2019 priority deadline
- Include tribal documentation with your Cultural Diversity Waiver Application if you are an enrolled member of a tribe or a direct descendant.
Scholarship opportunities have varying deadlines and may also rely on FAFSA information for need-based awards. Be sure to submit all applications early to allow for optimal consideration. You may receive emails if you are selected for a scholarship or need to provide additional information for a scholarship opportunity.