Feeling at Home in Fargo
We’re located on the eastern edge of North Dakota in Fargo, the state’s largest city. Together with its sister city, Moorhead, Minnesota, directly across the Red River, Fargo forms one of the largest metropolitan centers between Minneapolis and Seattle.
Here are just a few of the reasons Fargo-Moorhead is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live:
- A metropolitan population of nearly 220,000, combining small-town friendliness with the cultural offerings of a large city.
- An active arts and cultural scene, including a symphony, a civic opera company, art museums, and community theatre.
- Many places to shop and eat, including numerous restaurants, coffee shops, and a newly refurbished downtown district.
- A community that’s safe and easy to get around, with free bus service for students both around campus and in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
- A growing hub for economic development that provides ample job opportunities.
See more of what Fargo-Moorhead has to offer at the Fargo tourism website.