ABOUT THE OFFICE
The Office of Registration and Records offers a wide variety of educational support services and provides information regarding institutional academic policies and procedures to faculty, staff and students. Registration and Records is involved in many key aspects of a student's academic career, including registration for classes, evaluation of transfer and placement exam credit, advising support and tracking of degree progress, changes in registration and enrollment, transcript and diploma services, and commencement.
The Office of Registration and Records supports the educational mission of the university by leveraging resources to provide information, systems and services that promote a path to student academic success. The office applies innovative, customer-centered approaches to enrollment services, academic support and records management.
We envision an office that continually strives for timely and consistent service, embraces technology which supports the academic goals of the university, and adapts to an ever-changing environment.
We understand that every transaction and decision made within our office has the potential to impact the academic life of a student. As such, it is our responsibility to act ethically, in accordance with federal and state laws, and published university policies and procedures in an effort to offer fairness and consistency to all students.
By staying informed of current issues, emerging trends, and advancements in the field of records and enrollment, we apply the latest knowledge to solve the challenges of today.
In an effort to make the most of available resources and influence positive change, we partner with stakeholders who are dedicated to student success.
We work strategically to solve problems and create efficiencies in a world of rapid advancements and diverse customer needs.
- Serve students, faculty, and staff as a centralized source of accurate, complete, and current academic information relevant to the University, in general, and specific to the various colleges and their departments.
- Provide essential administrative support to academic advisory responsibilities including evaluation of transfer credit equivalencies and assistance to faculty in discharging their various student advisory duties.
- Confirm and carry out faculty committee decisions commensurate with academic performance of students regarding their deficiencies and achievements.
- Conduct undergraduate student degree audits.
- Assist with registration, orientation, and commencement ceremonies.
- Efficiently and responsively coordinate course scheduling each term as well as assign rooms for classes that meet various needs including those of disabled students and faculty.
- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Fall & Spring Semesters)
- 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Summer, Winter, and Spring Breaks)
- see Academic Calendar for office closures during holidays
- DIVISION OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
The Office of Registration and Records is organizationally located within the Division of Academic Affairs and the Office of the Provost which provides administrative leadership for all academic activities, by promoting, supporting, and sustaining excellence in teaching, research, creative activity, and service in all institutional academic units.
- ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT
The Enrollment Management unit at NDSU works collaboratively with the campus to provide a seamless experience for students from pre-enrollment to post-graduation. We strive to recruit students who will thrive in NDSU’s rigorous academic environment, support them in achieving their goals and prepare them for fulfilling lives and careers.
- ONE STOP
The Office of Registration and Records is a partner office with One Stop, a service center located in the Memorial Union and online at www.ndsu.edu/onestop. One Stop staff are cross-trained to assist students with many services offered by the Office of Registration and Records and can answer a wide variety of questions about registration processes and student records.
- MILITARY & VETERAN CERTIFICATION
As a support office within the Office of Registration and Records, the Military and Veterans Certification area is committed to providing information and updates regarding the educational benefit and certification process to veterans/military students.