M.S. in Merchandising
A master’s degree in merchandising will help you deliver the right product or service to the consumer in the right place, in the right quantities, at the right time and the right price.See additional information about M.S. in Merchandising
Graduates of this program are prepared to lead corporate social responsibility initiatives in the following areas:
- Buying and merchandising
- Market research and entrepreneurial initiatives
- Product development
- Retail and sales leadership
- Promotions and social media marketing
- Sourcing and supply chain management
Method of Delivery
The courses in this program are taught by the same instructors which teach on campus at the participating universities. Curriculum is specially adapted for the online environment to ensure students receive the same quality education as they would experience on campus.
Course schedules are determined by the teaching institution, but do not have set class times, allowing students to access course content when it is convenient for them. Students meet deadlines as outlined by the instructor, and interact with instructors and other students through e-mail, chats, discussion boards, and other interactive methods. Students must have access to a computer, e-mail, and the Internet.
What will I learn in this program that the retail industry needs?
You will learn to:
- Analyze data using a variety of techniques
- Research and implement effective business strategies
- Design customer-focused product development strategies
- Create flexible promotional campaigns
- Balance the sustainable interests of businesses, consumers and society
- Predict micro and mass market cost controls
- Navigate trade regulations and recognize cultural concerns
- Understand the evolving standards of corporate social responsibility
In addition to learning about the industry, you will create relationships with other students who work all over the world in various aspects of retail.
Benefits of Online Learning
- Advance your career
- Increase your earning potential
- Maintain work and family commitments
- Interact with instructors and classmates from across the nation