2023 Row Crop Tour
Farmers, crop advisers and agricultural industry representatives are invited to view field research trials and receive production recommendations on field corn, silage corn, soybean and dry bean during the annual row crop field tour.
Registration begins at 4 p.m. with educational exhibits and refreshments. The tour begins promptly at 4:30 and includes:
- Regional status of corn and soybean, and end-of-season management considerations.
- Silage corn
- Dry bean variety performance
- Rhizobia bacteria for nitrogen production with soybean and dry bean
- White mold management in soybean and dry bean
- Cover crop management in soybean and dry bean
Tour speakers include NDSU agronomists Greg Endres, Mike Ostlie and Kristin Simons; NDSU plant pathologists Michael Wunsch and Sam Markell; NDSU dry bean breeder Juan Osorno; NDSU microbiologist Barney Geddes, and Proseed sales manager Dave Gerhtz.
A supper, sponsored by North Dakota commodity organizations, will follow the tour.
Continuing education credits in crop and pest management will be available for certified crop advisers participating in the event.
Requests for accommodations related to disability should be made to the event contact person at least two weeks in advance of the event.