Central Dakota Ag Day
Central Dakota Ag Day is organized by the NDSU Extension offices of Foster, Barnes, Eddy, Griggs, Sheridan, Stutsman, and Wells counties, as well as the NDSU Carrington Research Extension Center. Continuing education credits are available for certified crop advisers. No registration is required.
Two keynote speakers and 18 concurrent sessions will be conducted featuring agronomy, livestock, and ag life topics.
The event begins with coffee and doughnuts at 9:30 a.m.
Rancher Doug Bichler of Linton will deliver the keynote address titled “Life Left-handed” at 10 a.m.
NDSU Extension crops economist Frayne Olson will conclude the program with a one-hour general session titled “Now What? 2023-2024 Crop Market Outlook” at 2:30 p.m.
Concurrent session topics include:
- Updated Fertilizer Recommendations
- Reduced Tillage Strategies: Positive Impacts on Soil, Crops and the Bottom Line
- Soybean Stem Diseases
- Waterhemp and Kochia Management
- Wheat and Corn Production
- Soybean and Dry Bean Update
- Cow Health - Emerging Issues
- Weed Control in Pastures
- NRCS Programs for Ranchers
- Cattle Market Outlook
- Rules for Selling Locker Meat
- The Business of Custom Combining
- Life on the Road and in the Field
- Returning to Roots: How Did Our Ancestors Feed Themselves?
- German-Russian Christmas Traditions
- Best Vegetable Varieties for North Dakota
- Preparing Grain Samples and Sheaves for Show and Home Display
Central Dakota Ag Day is generously supported by the ND Corn Utilization Council and the ND Soybean Council. We gratefully acknowledge support from ND-SARE for Sue Balcom’s presentations. Additional sponsors include Eddy County Crop Improvement Association, Foster County Ag Improvement Association, Griggs County Crop Improvement Association, and Wells County Better Seed and Grain. Booth sponsors include Bank Forward, Bremer Bank, Central Steel Building and Construction, Fessenden Co-op Central City Grain, Foster County Soil Conservation District, North Dakota SARE, Pheasants Forever, Roughrider Feeds, and Wholesale Ag Products.
Requests for accommodations related to disability should be made to the event contact person at least two weeks in advance of the event.