Colorful Veggie Kabobs
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 small pkg. cherry tomatoes
- ½ lb. mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 c. oil-based salad dressing, such as Italian
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for two hours prior to using to reduce charring. Thread vegetables alternately on skewers. Brush generously with salad dressing. Grill for three minutes; turn vegetables over, brushing with extra salad dressing. Grill for another three to four minutes until done.
Not able to go outside? Try broiling the kabobs. Place an oiled pan with kabobs about 6 inches from the top of the preheated oven. Turn over once and cook until golden brown (about six minutes).