This healthy recipe comes from NDSU Extension.
- 8 ounces dry whole-wheat shell pasta (about 3 c.)
- 3/4 c. sliced pickles
- 2/3 c. cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. white onion, finely diced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill
- 1/2 c. pickle juice
- 2/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 4 Tbsp. pickle juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Toss pasta with 1/2 cup pickle juice and set aside for five minutes. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Drain pasta and discard any remaining pickle juice. Add pickles, cheese, onions and dill to pasta. Top with dressing and stir to combine. Chill for at least an hour before serving.